eCabinet Systems is NEW again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

eCabinet Systems is NEW again

Post by Ken Susnjara »

For some time now we have been talking about changes in the program. Well, those changes are now reality.

This time the software didn’t change but how the entire program functions has changed, and I think it is much better. If you want to see the new program in detail, check out the eCabinet Systems web site. It’s ALL NEW!

You can now download, for free, lots of libraries. There is an online video training program you can access in the Member Services area which is an hour and twenty minute introduction to an extensive training program that will also be available online. And, you can now output eCabinet Systems jobs to a ShopBot as well as a Thermwood. You can also output to table saws and TigerStop.

I believe these things will impact our program in a big way. The ShopBot folks will become part of the forum, part of Production Sharing and we encourage shops that can’t afford a Thermwood to take a look at the ShopBot. Bigger companies can seriously increase production rates by sending rectangular parts to a CNC panel saw and machined parts to a Thermwood for nested based machining.

Most of our new site is up and running. We are still working on completing all the ShopBot carvings which we have to reprocess for their control but this should be done shortly (resizing carvings will also be available in a few weeks). There are some manufacturing files that contain programs for laminating fixtures and production instructions for some of the furniture collections that aren’t quite ready yet but should be within a week or so. Most of it is up and working, however, and we are excited about what we have done. This is a good model for moving ahead and I hope you are happy with where we are going.
FredHirsch

Re: eCabinet Systems is NEW again

Post by FredHirsch »

Ken,
Great news. I thank all you guys at Thermwood for the hard work. Interestingly, we started with a Shopbot and added a Model 45. Both machines humm right along beside each other and perform their respective tasks extremely well. It'll be nice to send a part from time to time to the bot. I also have to say that the forum over there on shopbot is very active with incredibly creative folks (just like this forum)...
Thank you Ken and everyone at Thermwood.
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

This is great news for me Ken. I am one of the little guys that can't justify the purchase of a thermood router yet, but wanted an unpaid helper in the shop. I have a bot in the shop and ecabinets on my laptop. How and where do I go to get ecabinets to output spb code?
Thanks
Kenneth
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

You need to get a link which is available on the eCabinet Systems web site, click Member Services and eCabinet Systems ShopBot.
Kenneth Rychlik

I'm not having any luck finding the link. Any chance you can post a link here? The guys on the shopbot site will all be here soon. lol
Kenneth
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Kenneth Rychlik wrote:I'm not having any luck finding the link. Any chance you can post a link here? The guys on the shopbot site will all be here soon. lol
Kenneth
On the Member Services menu, it is 4 items up from the bottom.
Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Post by Duane Marrett »

Dan,

You can also click "Member Services" at the top of the menu, and go directly to the Member Services page with all of the links on it.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems
Kenneth Rychlik

Thanks Dan. Here is the link for everyone.
http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet ... t_link.htm
The cost is $1,295.00
I''ve ot to think about this one for a bit.
Any chance of a trial version for us poor cabinet makers to see it fly first?
Kenneth
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Kenneth, the link is actually quite sophisticated. It takes the .twd file from eCabinet Systems, nests the parts, performs cutter compensation, and prints nest diagrams and labels including bar code labels for flip operations. This type of software commonly sells for $8-$10K and can go to $20K. We priced it this low because we understand the price points that ShopBot owners can tolerate. At the same time, we need some type of income to keep eCabinet Systems running.
Kenneth Rychlik

Ken. I can understand charging for the service. I am just thinking of all the other software that is available on the shopbot site. They have trial versions that allow you to see how it works for you before you spend the money. I think it may make you MORE money by allowing a trial first. I have all my cabinet parts designed in another little program that cost very little ($150.00) money and outputs code to the bot. Cutter compensation is automatic, ramping, cut depth per pass, and tabbing as well are easy to do. It's just my two cents worth that a test drive would help sell the car.
Kenneth
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Kenneth, I agree that this would be a great selling approach but, there are some technical hurdles. We are not offering a service, it is an actual piece of software you get, install and get to run, pretty much forever. We have to provide security to keep it from getting out where everybody uses it for free. The way it is designed, there is no time limit so we are able to use lower cost hasps. Providing a test program is not free to us, in fact it costs almost twice as much for a time limited hasp. It doesn't take many folks not buying the program before we are losing money and it goes away for everyone. We have spent a lot of time discussing the pricing structure and this is aboout as good as we can do. What the test period you suggest does is show you that the program does actually work. You can also wait until others have tried it and have reported back, whcih should limit the risk. As for the actual price, we are focusing this on folks that actually run their machine as part of a business. For them, the benefits should be well worth the cost. For others, it may very well not be.
Kenneth Rychlik

Ken, I am very interested and will probalby end up purchasing it. Can you tell us if we can control feed speeds, ramping (very important on a small machine), tabs, oinion skin, spindle speed, and things like that. Maybe just some screen shots of what it will do and how easily we can adapt the cutting parameters for a small cnc. I am very much an ecabinets fan. I invested a lot of time learning it and went to a training seminar as well.
From the normal ecabinets program, when I choose export to cnc, it does not give me any options of how I want to run the machine. What concerns me is that it will send out a cnc code for a BIG IRON machine, and my little iron machine can't handle it. There is not a lot of info on the link except where to send my money.
Kenneth
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Kenneth, you made a good point. First, it will do the things you are asking but to really get you some more information I have asked our web folks to put a download for the user manual on the web site. The manual is not real fancy but will give you the info you need. It should be available in the next ten to fifteen minutes. Access might be slow. Our web site has gotten hammered since we made the announcement. We hit our pipeline limit (never happened before) and then sustained at that level so the site is probably running slow. I guess we hit a nerve.
Kenneth Rychlik

Thank you Ken. Please put a link on here when you get it up and running. When the smoke clears, I want to check it out.
Kenneth
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

The link is up and running with download instructions at http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet ... t_link.htm