eCabinet Systems is NEW again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Re: eCabinet Systems is NEW again

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

Wow, fantastic job on the new site folks!!!! You must me really happy with the interest it is producing, judging from the slowness of the sight. You must be getting hammered

Thanks to everybody at the Thermwood team for being commited to the community.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the new features and the part splitting.
I see the shopbot is the first cab of the rank for the Thermwood link. What other cnc's will you do this for? I have a old Masterwood 313 that is collecting dust. Would you be doing anything for the older generation equipment?

With splitting the part manufacturing between the Thermwood and the panel saw or docking saw. Does that require a fee? Is there any documentation on how that works?

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Let me handle a couple of questions. First, the Code Splitter is a software module that you buy and use. There is no ongoing fee or cost for its use. As for other CNC machines, we need to be very careful. ShopBot is unique in that they really understand the underlying technology. They build and program their own control and have a deep understanding of how all this technology works. They are much like us other than they target a different part of the market making it a good fit. This can’t be said for most other machines. Some well known machine manufacturers don’t have a clue how their control works. I’ve seen some who don’t even have a control or software person on staff, they use outside consultants. An efficient, effective link with someone like ShopBot is easy. Trying to do the same thing with some of the others would be a nightmare. Just ask some of the other software companies about their ongoing problems trying to interface with these machines. We are going to be very, very careful. Also, the ShopBot user group is a lot like the Thermwood/eCabinet Systems folks. They seem to be very innovative and enthusiastic and should be a good fit.