shop bot

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: shop bot

Post by Joe Dusel »

Thanks for the info. I did see a video on YouTube of a ShopBot with an automatic (?) tool changer. Is that something that ShopBot sells? Somewhere I saw that this setup costs around $16,000 to add to the ShopBot. Is this true?

By the way, I didn't add in the cost of the vacuum pump because I was just trying to compare the basic machine costs.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Roger Kirkpatrick
Company Name: The WoodCrafting Company

Post by Roger Kirkpatrick »

That is what I have heard a tool changer costs from ShopBot.
I think the biggest cost there is the spindle with the grab bar set up.

The $65K machine is plus vacuum too isn't it.
The WoodCrafter
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I'm not sure of the exact cost of the Cabinetshop 41. When it came out it was $60K. That does not include the vacuum pump. So, you are probably looking at about $70K to $75K by the time you add in the pump. With the transformer, delivery and setup you are probably up to about $85K.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Ken Susnjara wrote: We now offer an extensive body of cabinet and furniture libraries and carving files that are all available free.
Ken,

That's great that you now offer these features for free. I just wish your salesman that called me about six weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in purchasing those carvings on a disk for $250 would have told me that if you want to wait untill next month they will be free.
Damon Nabors
Kenneth Rychlik

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

Hate it when that happens Damon.

Joe, there are some people that use a single spindle on a bot and a 5mm bit for all their cutting. It's a little slower, but no tool change required. It also depends on if you need to make 5 boxes a day or 50. I went with a used prt and can easily see it paying for itself in less than one year. I may upgrade later and should be able to get most if not all of my funds back from the used bot purchase.

I think whichever option you choose, the machine will pay for itself as long as you have the buisness to support it. In my thoughts if a machine pays for itslef it is really free. Thats hard to beat.

Kenneth