Removing Doors and Drawers From The Cutlist

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Adam DAgosto
Company Name: VCC

Removing Doors and Drawers From The Cutlist

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Hello.

I finally got my doors and drawer faces in there correctly (thanks Leo) and I was able to generate a door and draw size list to MS Excel. That was cool.

But now I need to remove the doors and drawers from the cut list. We outsource the door and drawer gig (to people like you), so I just need to use eCabinets to generate a list and sizes for me.

What is the best way to do this for scratch and how can I fix what I have now?

For some reason, all of my slab drawer faces came up as building in house even though I said it would be Alternate source.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Adam
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Removing Doors and Drawers From The Cutlist

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Adam,

If you used "Slab" for your drawer fronts they are cut from sheet stock and must be removed by the filter in the nest. You can remove the drawer parts using the filter also.
Before you nest the job click the filter button and uncheck all the parts you don't want in the cutlist.

Kerry
Adam DAgosto

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Hello everyone,

Okay Kerry, I took a look at the filter and I saw how to remove those slab drawers. If I understand what the program is doing, the other door fronts are also removed from the nest automatically, because I selected "alternate" for building. Do I have that right?

So, using the nest filter I now have an accurate list of parts and how to cut them.

However, my Cutlist is wrong still. It still shows all the slab drawer fronts in the list (as well as the outsourced doors). In this case, the doors are okay because they are not included in the number of board feet that I need, they're just on this list, but in the case of the slab drawers, they are still being calculated. I think!

Is there anyway to put drawers and doors in and NOT have any part of it calculated into any list? I can of course put the doors in, generate a door list and then delete the doors/drawers and re-run the list, but that's a lot of work. There ought to be a better way.

Thanks,

Adam
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Adam,

Don't use Slab drawer fronts, Choose Conestoga then Choose Slab Drawer. Select Alternate Source. These won't show up in your cut list but will show up in a list with sizes so you can order them.

If you choose Alternate source for your doors they also won't show up in the cut list but in an alternate source list.

If you don't want them to show up anywhere choose Purchase unfinished in the door editor for your doors and drawer fronts. (they will show up on your buy list)

Kerry
Last edited by Kerry Fullington on Tue, Apr 14 2009, 11:03AM, edited 1 time in total.
Adam DAgosto

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Okay perfect. I will give that a go right now.

Thanks Kerry. You da man!
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I thought I was Da Man :joker:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Adam DAgosto

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Leo you're right, I stand corrected. You are da Man.

Kerry is da bomb, you da man.