Version 6 Hardware Database

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Version 6 Hardware Database

Post by Joe Dusel »

This is mostly a question for the Thermwood folks. How is the removal of the purchasing software going to affect the current hardware database? I am assuming it will still be there since this is currently how we place pulls and knobs; and associate hole patterns for slides, hinges and RTA hardware. Will Version 6 allow us to access this hardware database to add new items, and for that matter update pricing?

Thanks!

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re: Version 6 Hardware Database

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Joe, since the programming folks haven't responded, I will give you what I know. You will be able to use the hardware database but not buy the items. You will need to supply your own cost and source info. I think you will also be able to add your own items and I also think you will be able to use the existing images for the newly added items. It has been some time since we discussed these things so I am working from memory. If it any different I will post next week after I check it out.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Thanks for the info Ken. This sounds great!

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Fantastic, been holding out for this one for years!!! Now if we can just add labour variables we can have full costing capability.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Ken, That is great news about the ability to use the data base for our own use.

I also agree with Nick about have the minutes required to install that product. The other area I sometimes overlook is the freight amount. On things like hardware the real cost is not the purchase cost of the item but on the landed price. Could we not have a box we fill in estimated freight or freight percentage addon? Then each user can adjust this as some suppliers have free into store then others have a handling fee on goods under $200 then others have a blanket $15.00 per invoice raised.

With this one Ken, if the software guys have this ready before version 6 could we have this released as 5.3 maybe? It is just the hardware prices are now fairly inaccurate and time adjusting them manually is time consuming.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia