How Do I Use My Falloff (scrap)?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Adam DAgosto
Company Name: VCC

Re: How Do I Use My Falloff (scrap)?

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Rick,

Can you suggest any software for this? This sounds cool.

Have a great weekend if I don't talk to you before then end of it.

Adam
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Adam, I will PM you with the details.
Adam DAgosto
Company Name: VCC

Post by Adam DAgosto »

cool! :beer:
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi everyone,
Using the tracking system in Thermwood controller is very neat. For example when you create a off cut which is L shaped it knows its L shaped not rectangular. When you nest it it tries to use all that shape.
So this where it becomes weird. You can print a label with a bar code so you can scan it back in but it doesn't knows it colour. So if you want to look at the database of Control nesting you can not have a list of all antique whites for example. I don't think it can even give you its size because its a shape.
So we have a great feature but its half done. You have to do a manual walk around the factory for all your pieces of antique white then scan those in. You don't know how many you should have. So what normally happens is you optimise the job, so you need 5 sheets but one sheet has two drawer fronts on it. Get out of the office and go for a walk and see if you can see a offcut of the colour you require.This could be real easy if you have a organised Thermwood operator or could be hell if the operator is a lasy son of a gun. Can't we just finish this module off and be able to access the control software for a list of materials it has and each material its colour and thickness. We should be able to bring those into Ecabinets and use the off cuts first then buy in the full sheets secondly.

Shoot me down if I am wrong with this.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia