Lights

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Simon Burrows

Lights

Post by Simon Burrows »

Hi,
I'm sure this one is easy, how do I place a light fixture at the height I require,
Thanks, simon
The learning curve can be comfortable if all resources are applied
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Lights

Post by DanEpps »

Associate it to a wall, go into elevation view and adjust the height.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

In the plan view, select the light then select a wall. Associate the light to the wall. You can position the light vertically in the elevation view by selecting it and setting the position on the leftside menu or dragging the light into place (SHIFT+drag with right mouse button).

Dennis
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Dennis Englert wrote:In the plan view, select the light then select a wall. Associate the light to the wall. You can position the light vertically in the elevation view by selecting it and setting the position on the leftside menu or dragging the light into place (SHIFT+drag with right mouse button).

Dennis
Hey Marine, I already said that...well, maybe I wasn't as detailed as you... :joker:
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

We were only moments apart and probably on our second cup of "nearly" Navy coffee!
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Arrrggghhh!!! It ain't coffee if it don't cut through the bottom of the cup! :beer:

I thought maybe you were just taking a Navy approach to the problem. In the Navy we always planned or retreat, er...exit strategy, first and the Marines never made any plans like that. :joker: Of course, you could say its "just like the old days"...the Navy sets the plan into motion and the Marines finish it while the sailors sit offshore in air-conditioned comfort eating steak and lobster. :joker:
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

When installing lights, I have found that the lights are installed at the same height as the walls. I tested another theory, what about if you have different wall heights?
I created a wall 2.6m and then an adjacent one that is 1.5m. Then I installed lights and they were installed at the height of the 1.5m wall. I then clicked on the 2.6m wall and installed some more lights. These were now installed at 2.6m. BUT for the life of me I couldn't get subsequent lights to install at 1.5m after selecting (left click) on the 1.5m wall.
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Thats not what I heard about Sailors.........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com