Assembly Screw Holes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Assembly Screw Holes

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Is there a way to limit a stretcher to have just one RTA fitting per end?

I may go the route of using a piece of RTA hardware with a modified hole pattern to generate my pilot holes (thanks to Joe Dusel for the suggestion!), but need to iron this part of it out. All I'm coming up is to set the front fittng back from the front edge, half the depth of the nailer, set the back fitting at the back edge of the nailer and assign an empty hole pattern to the back fitting. Not sure if that's the way to go, and haven't tried it yet to see if it would actually work...
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Chris Harmon
Company Name: Azure Cabinets

Re: Assembly Screw Holes

Post by Chris Harmon »

Hi Nat,
What did you figure out on your a on the RTA fittings.
I saw your video on You Tube nice set up. What type of vacuum pump or hold down system do you use.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Assembly Screw Holes

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Chris,

On the RTA fittings, I took the stud out of the hole pattern and things were fine. I hadn't had a problem with the RTA fittings themselves, but when the shelf holes were added, things were acting up. The fact that they were in line with each other (never overlapped) may have contributed.

I have 4 Amtek vac motors mounted directly to the underside of my table. All are hooked up to one 20 amp circuit. I'm primarily cutting cabinet parts and am pleased with the setup. If I'm not cutting a full sheet, I'll cover the exposed surface of the table with material to minimize air escape.

I've made some changes to my machine and need to do a new video. Adding Ecabinets alone has improved things quite a bit.

Nat
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3