Changing Hinges - Boring pattern

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Changing Hinges - Boring pattern

Post by jason galbraith »

Hi, I think I know the answer to this already, but I'm hoping I'm wrong...

We have recently changed our hinges from Hettich to Blum. These obviously have two different drilling patterns. Is there a way to batch change the cabinets that I already have and that are associated with the Hettich drilling pattern and change them over to the Blum pattern?

The only way I can see at the moment is to take each cabinet into the door editor, delete the door and then bring back the door with the new hole pattern.

Please say this isn't so. Please tell me a better way.

regards

Jason
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Vince Lisanti

Re: Changing Hinges - Boring pattern

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Hi Jason,

You do not have to delete and re add the doors. You will have to load each cabinet however in the cabinet editor main screen and change your hinges selection in the define defaults screen "cabinet defaults". Than click ok to get out of that screen. Highlight the doors you are changing hinges on and go back into define defaults screen where you just changed the hinges previously and just click ok to get back out.

The doors should now have the new hinge pattern applied.

This really goes quicker than it sounds once you get in a flow of making the changes.

Hope this helps !

Vince
Dell Precision M4800
Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4800mq cpu @ 2.70ghz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K 2100M
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

We changed from Hettich to Blum 2 years ago and have never regretted it,don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with hettich in fact I like the quattro runner mounting system for the drawer box better than the blum but for hinges you can't beat them,worth the effort to change your hinge defaults :beer:
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Thanks very much people, after that good news, looks like I'm going to have to change the doors too, cos they've all been set up with a 3mm gap on the bottom. That is unless you've got a better way.........:)
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Jason, you will have to take each cabinet to the Door editor, highlight the door, doors > right click > Construction Settings > adjust your bottom reveal, then click OK. Go back to main and save. Hopefully, you don't have hundreds to do. :( What's the difference in the hole pattern from Blum to Hettich? Are you talking the Tab on the doors, or the Plate placement on the gables?
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

plate placement should be the same but think the hinges are different Rick