Changing Door/Drawer Front Style in Door Editor?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Changing Door/Drawer Front Style in Door Editor?

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I can't figure out how to do this without deleting the existing, and redoing. I've tried highlighting a drawer front, then changing the defaul 'door/drawer selection', but it doesn't seem to change things. I'm sure this is an easy one, but what am I missing?
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Changing Door/Drawer Front Style in Door Editor?

Post by DanEpps »

Your using the correct method.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

In the Cabinet/Assembly Editor the only method you can currently use is to delete the doors or drawer fronts and then replace them with the new defaults. The easier method for jobs is to place your cabinets into the Custom Layout Editor and then change all of your doors and drawer fronts on the selected cabinets using the menu selection Adjust Cabinet Features/Change/Doors or Drawer Fronts.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Chris White
Company Name: Benchwerks

Re: Changing Door/Drawer Front Style in Door Editor? BUMP

Post by Chris White »

Could we Please get a feature that allows changing all the doors / drawers in the current job, or at least selected cabinet(s), all at once? Having to redo a whole kitchen one front at a time is extremely time consuming. Not to mention the embarrassment of having to tell a client that wants to see a different type of door in their rendered kitchen, "Oh, that will take a while, I can send you the drawing later tonight or tomorrow."

Its already a pain that the Set Default doesn't work for the whole job, not to mention that Make Matching Drawer does nothing but bring up the drawer front dialog. If those features were available and working, you'd have a whole new program.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

You can do this with Global Item Modifications
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

The program does a very effective job of giving you options. The one to start with is the adjust features button.You use this feature from custom layout once you have your cabinets in the room. Highlight the cabinets you want to change doors or drawer fronts on. In the right hand menu select adjust features near the bottom. A menu comes up which gives you the option to change doors, drawer fronts, door pulls etc. You have to select doors and make the change and then you have to reselect the cabinets and change drawer fronts by making your choices, but this does not take forever, just a few minutes. If you select a bank of drawers and say change doors you get an error message that states: you cannot change doors because there are none" meaning there are only drawer fronts. If you want to make major changes or change several things all at once you can go to the top of that same menu and choose global item modification. It is a powerful feature and it works very well but you will have to learn the process. The online videos offered by Thermwood for a very reasonable cost cover many of the topics needed to get you familiar with the interface. Hope this helps you to move forward.