What about Ecabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Urlacher

What about Ecabinets

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I have not been following the forum for some time now. Each time I come back it seems that there is more and more support
for other peoples products. 20-20 is the latest.

What about ECabinets? Are you still working of the development of that? Are we ever going to be able to cut a hole in a drawer box or swoop a front?

I get the focus change to sell product. But I still have to wonder if we are all going to end up purchasing 20-20 or something like that to move ahead with our machines.

Please comment,

Gary
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: What about Ecabinets

Post by Larry Epplin »

Hi Gary. Yes, eCabinet Systems is in the development phase for version 6. This version will include the ability to edit drawer box parts in the Part Editor. We plan to be in the beta testing phase for this version very soon.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Larry Epplin wrote:...This version will include the ability to edit drawer box parts in the Part Editor...
Ah Larry, you just made a LOT of folks very happy!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

A LOT OF PEOPLE!!
Some of us have been worried that the eCab effort may be abandoned. For those of us who have been using it for years, this is a little scary, especially for the one man shops.
regards,
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Our future plans are centered around eCabinet Systems. We have been trying to expand the program in two directions. For smaller shops, we have added support for ShopBot directly from eCabinet software. Here we hope to help the one and two man shops doing one or two jobs a month who might expand and eventually need a higher production machine. The move to 20-20 is intended to get us into the larger shops, all of which already use 20-20 in their selling efforts. 20-20 is dominant in retail and we think we can help them migrate into the manufacturing end while adding large shops that don’t currently consider us. Perhaps we can integrate eCabinet Systems with their software in the future, offering our users access to a great retail selling system. I don’t know exactly where all this is going but it is never wrong to expand your offering and become as compatible as possible. None of this signals a reduction in our commitment to eCabinet Systems but instead signals an effort on our part to further enlarge and expand the program and our commitment to this industry.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Ken,
Thanks for your informative reply. Looks to me like you are on the right track to enlarge your market share.
regards,