Will ecab v6 support multi core processor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Will ecab v6 support multi core processor

Post by Tim Massa »

Will Ecab v6 support core 2, quad core, I7 quad core processor. Will it be able to fully take advantage of the multi processors and the 64 bit architecture?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Will ecab v6 support multi core processor

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tim,

I think the answer to both questions is no but maybe one of the eCabinets guys can give a definite answer.

Kerry
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Version 6 will support these operating systems. Some of the 3rd party applications in eCabinet Systems provided some improvements for multiple core processors, but the avantages have not been proven to be significant. The areas affected are Presentation View and Cabinet Regeneration. While Version 6 will be 64 bit compatable, it will still be a 32 bit application.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the feedback on the advancements. When you say there is not much improvements could you run a test on an involved kitchen and give us a benchmark between Vr 5 and Vr 6?

In a previous post Kerry Fullington said that in his opinion running Ecabinets as a mono application made it faster and less likely to lock-up. Could you try this with version 6 to see if multiple background programs running affects performance on these processor draining large kitchens.
I have limited desk space so am not keen to have another system running but I am a desperate man so may have to do a "Kerry".

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia