claen up setting for dadoes-Shopbot

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Ylioja
Company Name: Heritage Woodcraft

claen up setting for dadoes-Shopbot

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

Should the cleanup pass setting in the dado section of the settings on my Shopbot link cause an extra pass to clean up my dado? I have tried to set it at 1/16(.0625) but it doesn't seem to change any thing. I have also loosened my tolerances a bit but I don't want to go to far. I am having to clean up the tenons on the table saw on both the top and bottom sides to get them to fit.
Lorin :?
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re: claen up setting for dadoes-Shopbot

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Lorin,

The cleanup pass I think you are reffering to is for pocketing. Typically dados are not pocketed as they are generated through the construction methods (full dado, blind dado) within eCabinets. A "dado" can be made from scratch through the software and then the pocketing feature will kick in. I have attached an image showing blind dado and 2 areas that will need pocketing because a tool cannot create those with a single or double pass. If I am missing something please let me know.
Attachments
pocketing.jpg
pocketing.jpg (82.45 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Re: claen up setting for dadoes-Shopbot

Post by Larry Epplin »

The clean up pass will only be used in dado's when the tool is too small to perform the dado in 2 passes. This will invoke the pocketing routine where the clean up pass exists.

To loosen your dado size you should adjust your dado width clearance setting in eCabinets Systems - Cabinet Editor - Construction Settings - Construction Parameters.