Refrigerator Cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dickey Beckham

Refrigerator Cabinet

Post by Dickey Beckham »

I have just realized after making a 41 wide 89 high refrigerator cabinet with 1/4 back and clicking on cut list that it calls for two sheets it should only be One. I have made a new one out of the seed cabinets and it states the same two sheets can some one tell me what I am doing . Or is this a bug. Thanks :wall:
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Refrigerator Cabinet

Post by Paul Ford »

Dickey,
If your not cutting this on a Thermwood CNC you could try selecting cut line on the top left of the nesting screen.
Also in your settings/preferences check your saw blade kerf and your true shape nesting cutter diameter.
Hope this helps.
Jon Kenworthy
Company Name: darrells Carpenter Shop

Post by Jon Kenworthy »

Here is two 41 wide by 89 tall cabinets that only ask for 1 sheet each for the back in the nest. I made the frameless cabinet out of a base cabinet and the framed cabinet out of the standard cabinets that came with E-cabinets. You could try to use one of these or post the cabinet and someone could take a look at the specific cabinet you're having the problem with.
Attachments
Test 2.hsf
(430.02 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Test.hsf
(226.02 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Post by John J. Desmond »

Dickey,

Make sure your 1/4" material is a full 48" X 96" in the material list in Settings and Preferences?

John
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Try nesting the cabinet first then the cut list.
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

I'm not sure what going on but there is what I have done.

1. I took the tall cabinet out of the seeds and change it to have a 1/4 back, and clicked cut list, It has 1 sheet of 1/4"
2. Changed it to 36 " wide checked 1 sheet of 1/4" change it to 41" now it shows It need two sheets of 1/4"
3. Batched the cabinet that calls of two sheets of 1/4" and then nested it and now it shows 1sheet I all so clicked the
cut list and it also call of 1 Sheet. So this tells me that create cut list is not working very good, For now I will trust the
nesting over the cut list.
Thanks for the reply and maybe this will be fixed someday.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Can you post the cabinet?

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

I dugout the old standby and try it on that computer and it works fine on the other computer
I will tranfer the files over for the newer one to the old one and see what happen. I am not sure what happen and will give it a try later. Thank for the reply.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dickey,

Before you nest the cutlist shows an estimated amount of material, after the nest it is an actual amount of material.
The way you nest the material and the parameters you have set for the nest can also affect the amount of material used.
Kerry
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

Thanks every one for the replys, I did try the cabinet today on the older computer and I is acting the same. When I take the tall cabinet of of the seed and change it , so it has a 1/4 back it call for 1 sheet of 1/4, But if I change the height or width it will call for 2 sheet, But I do see it If nest It and then check the cut list it is right. I gest it best not to check the cut list until you nest it first.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Dickey,
When you check the cut list for a cabinet, it uses your estimated yield from Settings and Preferences to calculate the material usage. It does not have a clue at that time about how it is to be nested or to what type of equipment you're cutting these parts on. It is an estimated calculation. With that, the only time you'll get an accurate material requirement is when you place the cabinet in a job, either Custom Layout or Batch and then nest the job. The job may be only that one cabinet.

Dennis Englert
Manager of Product Training
Thermwood Corporation
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

What is the width and height of the BACK (just the back, not the cabinet)?

What are the dimensions of the material your are using? Does the material have grain? It is one-sided?

What are your settings for Saw Blade Kerf (Settings/Preferences->Standard Dimensions) and Collar (nesting page)?
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

If I did it right here is the Ref and and a vanity that wont nest right. When I nest them The back and the sides want nest on the ref and the back on the vanity.
1. The Back is 40.25 x 96.
2. 3/4 all but 1/4 Back.
3. 3/16 saw blade
4. Collar set 1/2 never change it.

There is something not right and I bet it me. I was never right to start with. See what you can get. Thanks
Attachments
Ref and vanity.esj
Ref and Vanity
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 292 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dickey,

You can't nest a 96" piece from 96" material with a 1/2" collar. The 1/2" collar makes a 1/2" band all the way around the sheet that won't nest to allow for damaged edges or out of square sheets for a router.

You can't nest a 96" piece from 96" material with the collar removed either. eCabinets will take one saw blade kerf off one length and one width of your sheet for squaring. If you want a full 96" piece you will have to make your sheets at least 48 1/4" X 96 1/4" with your 3/16 kerf

Kerry
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

Thanks, I changed the sheet stock to 49 x 97 and the collor to 0 and it nested great with no errors. I usely don't make cabinet this high so this must be why I have not run in to it before. Thank again.