Production Sharing Members mapped on Google Earth

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Production Sharing Members mapped on Google Earth

Postby Duane Marrett » Thu, Aug 13 2009, 3:14PM

A cool thing we've just completed is adding our Production Sharing Members to Google Earth. Google Earth is a free download, and once you have it, you can click on the Production Sharing Members map of your choice and view all of the Members that list their services on an interactive map. This tool allows you see at a glance Members who are in your area.

For more information, please visit the Production Sharing area of the Thermwood website

About Production Sharing - This is a free listing service that Thermwood offers any of our CNC Router Owners where they can list their production services and allows any eCabinet Systems Member or other interested parties to contact these Production Sharing Members and have their jobs machined out on a Thermwood CNC Router quickly and cost-effectively.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Production Sharing Members mapped on Google Earth

Postby Neville Bastian » Thu, Aug 13 2009, 7:41PM

Hi Duanne,
Excellent work .It cerainly makes it easier to see who is where. I have just added my name for Western Australia so could you update the earth reference point.
Do you think it would be worth while sending a email to all the Ecabinet users so they are aware of this new service? It would make them aware of who is nearby who has a Thermwood.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Postby Donald Thomson » Fri, Aug 14 2009, 10:40AM

I might be overstepping my bounds here and if so, please let me know. But could this possibly be expanded to include shops that have ShopBot machines with the ShopBot Link software? :) :)

I know it's a long shot but thought I'd put it out there.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Postby Ken Susnjara » Fri, Aug 14 2009, 12:38PM

If you have a Shopbot running eCabinet Systems files you are free to join production sharing as long as you specify the type of equipment and servcices you offer. Once you join Producction Sharing you should be on the map.

Duane Marrett
Thermwood Team

Postby Duane Marrett » Fri, Aug 14 2009, 3:02PM

Hi Neville,

You should now be on both the static and interactive map listing. Thanks for the email idea - good call!

Hi Don,

As Ken said, the listing is open to you as well - I've added your entry to both the static and interactive maps.
Thanks,

Duane Marrett
Thermwood/eCabinet Systems

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”