eCabinets crashing when trying to ad a cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

eCabinets crashing when trying to ad a cabinet

Postby Donald Thomson » Fri, Aug 14 2009, 12:20PM

I've been working on a kitchen design and recently eCabinets started crashing when I try to add a new cabinet to the design. I use the typical process to add a cabinet and after I select it, I resize it as part of the selection process. The program chugs along for a few seconds and then displays the wonderful This application has had a problem dialog box. This seems to happen whether I'm trying to add the cabinet in the regular home position or when I'm in the elevation/wall mode. This is also intermittent in occurrence.

I also have had a problem where after I am able to add a cabinet and return to the top view of the design, the program displays some dialogs saying it can't find countertop images and scrambles all the cabinet positions. When I pres Esc and then Home all the cabinets go back to where they are supposed to be. This seems really strange.

I've gotten to the point that after every change to my design I save it because I don't know if the next operation is going to crash the program or not.

I have Windows XP SP3 running on a quad-core processor with 3GB RAM on a Dell XPS machine. I routinely shut down all other applications when running eCabinets (because it is taking forever to recalculate things now). The only thing running is Windows Media Player so I can listen to music while I wait. Yes, anti-virus software is installed and running as I'm connected to the internet.

Any insight into this situation would be most appreciated.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”