Updates

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

George Nadeau
Company Name: Double Diamond Industries

Updates

Postby George Nadeau » Mon, Aug 17 2009, 2:56PM

I have old version of ecabinet. V5.1 which is out dated. Why can't I upgrade to V5.2 Build 5. I have downloaded the update and gone through all the steps, But at the command to modify, repair or remove, it automatically goes to remove.
Can anyone help??

Thank you, George

ps. I have windows xp service pack 3

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Updates

Postby Gary Puckett » Mon, Aug 17 2009, 5:01PM

George,

I think you have to remove the old version , and then reinstall the update which will install the whole program with the new updates.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Postby Donald Thomson » Mon, Aug 17 2009, 6:26PM

Interesting,

I just went through the process of deinstalling and reinstalling eCabinets and when I went to start it, it popped up a dialog box where I entered my registration code. After I completed that it said there was an update so I clicked ok to update. It downloaded the update then proceeded to start the installation wizard which gave me the option to REMOVE eCabinets. I cancelled out of that since I just installed and didn't want to remove it. I double clicked the eCabinets icon and it the displayed a dialog box that said this version of eCabinets has expired. Call 877-???-???? for technical help.

Am I missing something here or is the installation procedure a little out of wack?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Postby Donald Thomson » Mon, Aug 17 2009, 6:35PM

Just tried reloading from the CD from Thermwood and the installation wizard prompted to modify, repair or remove my NEW eCabinets installation. I told it to repair my existing installation. After completing that it said it was checking for updates. It came back that updates were available so I said do the updates. It then prompted me to remove the installation. This install process is broken.

Does any one have some guidance on what to do to get eCabinets up and running after a deinstall/reinstall? I'm dead in the water right now.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Postby Rick Palechuk » Mon, Aug 17 2009, 11:22PM

Don,

Try downloading the update to you computer first, then run the update.

http://order.ecabinetsystems.com/update ... Build5.asp

Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Postby Daniel Vonderheide » Tue, Aug 18 2009, 9:54AM

Do not allow the software to update itself. Once you have installed ecabinets from the cd download and save the update to your compuer and then install the update before you try to open ecabinets.

If you have already run the original install and allowed the software to try and update itself you will get the message that the software has timed out upon restart. You will need to download and save the update to your computer and then run it. If the update prompts you to uninstall, all it is uninstalling is a failed update, not the whole ecabinetsystems software. All you need to do is allow it to uninstall and then re-run it. This will reinstall the update correctly.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”