NO FLEXIBILTY IN THE SOFTWARE

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

NO FLEXIBILTY IN THE SOFTWARE

Post by mohan kommineni »

Hi all
did any one of ecabinet software users faced this problem as we are trying to put the shelf holes manually due to some reason (i know that shelf editor can put holes automatically )but when i do this i need to enter each and every hole coordinates and when i try to copy it can translate only one step

as in mastercam or autocad we have translate numberof steps or copy multiple in cad options why cant one of these can be added to ecabinets part editor features which gives alot of flexibility for the user to design some thing i know there are options to import adxf file but in caseof mine we have only ecabinets nothing else then we are disappointed and one more thing is like when we are using ecabinets why users need to depend on some other cad systems again which is of double work

can anyone look into this and make a good change in the part editor (ecabinet developers-programmers) make it user friendly software not getting file from cad again please
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: NO FLEXIBILTY IN THE SOFTWARE

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hi Mohan,

Here's a method you can use to add shelf pin holes to parts that wouldn't normally have them. Start by developing a cabinet with adjustable shelves with the hole size and spacing the way you want. Hilite the part(side) and take it to the Part Editor. From there take it to the Contour Editor, then right click and select Create Edges from the menu. Now that geometry can be saved as a Parasolid File for use on any part. Now click on the Save Geometry icon, and select a spot to save it and give it a name. You can now bring any part into the CE, click the Load Geometry icon, select Parasolid Files, then go to where you saved the file and select it. It will then be placed on your part. Take the part back to the PE, right click and select Cut/Pocket Using Closed Contour. Then click on all the holes you want to use (they will turn green), press the Next button and input the depth required, click OK. Press Return selecting yes to the changes, and there you go. With a little practice, it becomes a simple procedure. I hope this helps you with your problem.

I did this example, which is the hole pattern from the Bin side applied to a Display Panel.
Attachments
Bin with Panel.jpg
Bin with Panel.jpg (37.13 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
mohan kommineni
Company Name: ADP STORE FIXTURES

Post by mohan kommineni »

Rick Palechuk wrote:Hi Mohan,

Here's a method you can use to add shelf pin holes to parts that wouldn't normally have them. Start by developing a cabinet with adjustable shelves with the hole size and spacing the way you want. Hilite the part(side) and take it to the Part Editor. From there take it to the Contour Editor, then right click and select Create Edges from the menu. Now that geometry can be saved as a Parasolid File for use on any part. Now click on the Save Geometry icon, and select a spot to save it and give it a name. You can now bring any part into the CE, click the Load Geometry icon, select Parasolid Files, then go to where you saved the file and select it. It will then be placed on your part. Take the part back to the PE, right click and select Cut/Pocket Using Closed Contour. Then click on all the holes you want to use (they will turn green), press the Next button and input the depth required, click OK. Press Return selecting yes to the changes, and there you go. With a little practice, it becomes a simple procedure. I hope this helps you with your problem.

I did this example, which is the hole pattern from the Bin side applied to a Display Panel.

thanks Rick
u have given a very good detail and it has really helped me a lot .
ecabinets should have given those array and translate number of steps options in PE as it eliminates lot of double work which is unnecessary

its alright for the people who got used ,but for the new users we get really flustrated and stressed in ths cases as time is running to just keep doing the design

i hope ecabinets next update would have these options

thanks to one and all
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Dang, Rick, that's pretty slick. Definitely one for the bag 'o tricks.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Practice makes perfect. The more you use the program the more you will realize at how flexible it really is. :beer:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com