Greetings & a little help pls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

richard nessmith
Company Name: NesSmith Woodowrks Inc.

Greetings & a little help pls

Post by richard nessmith »

Hi All,
Rick NeSmith here, new to Ecabs just need a little guidance. I've had the software for sometime however was a little intimidated by it ,having little to no experiance in CAD, or other design software(was outsourcing this part of the job) and viewing CNC something far beyond my comfort level( being a technophobe ).After visiting the Thermwood booth @ the AWFS, and talking with the guys there ,they took the time to answer some questions(thanks a million fellas) and provided me with renewed confidance & interest in getting out of the stoneages. Just did my first kitchen designed in Ecabs and wow, Im hooked. I know I just scratched the surface of the capabilities of this software and would like some advice from seasond users.

My goal is to move into CNC once the economy shapes up, for now I would be interested in partnering with a near by coop. Has any one had any experiances good or bad in doing this?

Secondly, is the "Nearly complete Guide to Ecab" written in plain english for some one who has limited exeriance in design aided software?

Lastly. Ive been struggling to understand how to associate two or more cabs togeather?When I attempt to do so in cab editor, I am able to align the parts however, the associate option will no highlight? Doors will associate why not two cabs, say to build an island or add endpanels made up from FF and inset doors with all other parts deselected? :wall:

I know this is a lengthy post and I thank you for taking time read, and provide any feedback possible :D
Thanks,
Rick
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Re: Greetings & a little help pls

Post by Peter Walsh »

Rick,
Saving two cabs together is simple. Place both cabinets together in the cabinet editor,arrange them the way you want them to be when installed, and then click on save. On the pop-up "save" panel you will see an option to save as an "Assembly". That will save the cabs together and the assy. will be found in the Assembly directory under whatever job name you choose to apply. You can group as many cabs together in an assembly that you wish.
regards,
richard nessmith
Company Name: NesSmith Woodowrks Inc.

Post by richard nessmith »

Peter,
Thanks for the reply, I knew it was right in front of my face!Spent 4hrs last night trying 2 accomplish that :( Boy do I have alot to learn.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Rick,
Hang in there. Everyone starts this way. The forum is a great place to post questions, many members stay online throughout the day to help. We all recall the learning process we went through. I would recommend watching all the video stuff available on the opening screen when you load the program. While helpful, it is not comprehensive though, and a few days at the school is well worth the time and expense. You can become proficient even without the schooling, just stay with it.
regards,
Dennis G. Blackburn

Post by Dennis G. Blackburn »

Richard,

Give me a call when you have some time. I am the Dealer for Thermwood in Florida and would be glad to help you some with eCab. I can also show you the ecab made easy manual to give you an idea of the contents. I can also put you in touch with people in your area with machines or give you literature.

I have sent you an email with my contact information.

Dennis