SB Link 1.0.13 Label printing problem?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

SB Link 1.0.13 Label printing problem?

Postby Donald Thomson » Sat, Aug 22 2009, 2:51PM

I just started a project that has 100 sheet of plywood and over 640 parts to be cut. Found out something interesting about SB Link label printing. When I selected printing on 1.33" x 4" barcode labels it only printed out half of the labels for each sheet. So for sheet 1 there were 13 parts slated to be cut. SB Link printed out 6 labels, the rest I had to write by hand. Sheet 2 had 12 parts and SB Link printed 5 labels, I hand wrote the rest. This has gone on for 8 sheets of 5/8" Baltic birch which is the first batch of boards to cut. :(

I'm using the latest version of SB Link 1.0.13. Is there a parameter that tells SB Link to print labels for all the parts on a sheet or is something wrong with this release?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Roger Kirkpatrick
Company Name: The WoodCrafting Company

Re: SB Link 1.0.13 Label printing problem?

Postby Roger Kirkpatrick » Sat, Aug 22 2009, 2:55PM

Don,

Try printing your labels through e-cabinets in the nesting area.
That is the only place I have ever printed them from.
The WoodCrafter

Donald Thomson
Guru Member

Postby Donald Thomson » Sat, Aug 22 2009, 3:17PM

Hi Roger,

I had a long conversation with Scott at TW and he said I should be doing my label printing out of SB Link because eCabinets and SB Link can end up with different nesting results. I found this out when I nested in eCab and SB Link. The nest results were different. I would rather have my labels and printed sheet layouts match the actual nesting and cutting that results. Otherwise my brain just can't unscramble the mess of finding parts... :? :?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA

Donald Thomson
Guru Member

Postby Donald Thomson » Sun, Aug 23 2009, 10:12PM

Looks like this mystery has been solved.

Apparently in picking the 1p33x4_Address_Sheet_Barcode.rpt label format the only labels that get printed are the ones with barcodes. How this is determined I have no idea. :? When I switched to the 1p33x4_Address_Sheet.rpt label format, all the part labels were printed properly. :D :D

This information is not in the manual so I was completely lost as to what to do. A SB Link user on the Shopbot forum :beer: explained in great detail how the whole label printing process works. I suggested he forward his excellent writeup to Thermwood for inclusion in a new version of the SB Link manual. I hope he will and Thermwood does.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”