Nesting problems again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lorin Ylioja
Company Name: Heritage Woodcraft

Nesting problems again

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

I am trying to nest a job to do a Quote for a client and the job won't nest. It gets as far as searching for duplicate parts and then stops. I have tried filtering cabinets out as well as trying individual cabs off this custom layout and it does the same each time. I suspect I may have a problem with my ecab program. I have to save after each cabinet mod in custom layout or it seems to crash and I lose what I have done.
silijer.zip
(5.81 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
thank you
Lorin

edit I tried outputting to CNC and it won't do that either.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Nesting problems again

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Lorin,

There is some problem. If you run a cut list there is a negative amount for some of the sheet stock

Kerry
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Hi Lorin,

I was having a similar problem with nesting awhile back where the program would get to a certain point and freeze up while trying to nest. The program was also taking on some rather interesting operating problems.

I sent the file to Thermwood and they struggled with it. I also sent the file to Kerry (THANK YOU KERRY :beer: ) and he found the problem in a matter of minutes.

It seems that if you have a cabinet with multiple adjustable shelves in it and the shelf pin holes from the two shelves overlap on the cabinet sides, eCab's chokes on it. Check all your cabinets where you have shelf pin holes and make sure none of them overlap. Kerry pointed this out to me, I made the simple change and everything started functioning correctly again.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Lorin Ylioja
Company Name: Heritage Woodcraft

Post by Lorin Ylioja »

Got it. I had done a material change in cabinet editor for sheet stock. It had worked according to the material list and by cabinet material. I went back in and changed this material (classic maple)again to classic maple again. After it performed this operation it works. :?: :?
thanks for trying
Loirn