stretcher problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Darren Harvey

stretcher problem

Post by Darren Harvey »

i'm having problem with getting blind dado's in the stretcher section. i went through construction settings and changed to blind dado. when i get back to the main screen and explode the cabinet no dado. is any body having this problem? thanks, darren
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: stretcher problem

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Darren,

If you are trying to change the construction settings on a stretcher that you have already placed you must highlight it by clicking on it (a green hatch pattern will show) then go to construction settings and make your changes. This allows you to make changes to one or all your stretchers depending on how many you select.

Kerry
Darren Harvey

Post by Darren Harvey »

thanks kerry for the reply. i've tried what you suggested, and it didn't work. so i went from a 2" wide stretcher to a 3" wide one and the it worked. now another question arises. why can't i get blind dados on a 2" wide stretcher. for some reason i've done it before, but not now? weird just weird. thanks for you help, darren
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Darren,

You will have to change your construction parameters for blind dados to be able to use a 2" stretcher.
(change your tenon settings)

Kerry
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Hi, Darren,
By default the insets for the tenon or 1". If you have a 2" stretcher, then the tenon is inset 1" from each end, thus not tenon. With a 3" stretcher you only have a 1" tenon. You can adjust the tenon insets by going through the parameters section.

Dennis
Darren Harvey

Post by Darren Harvey »

thanks for your help kerry. i'll try that, darren