Arch Top Cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Arch Top Cabinet

Postby Kerry Fullington » Fri, Dec 05 2014, 8:41AM

Spent some time one afternoon designing this cabinet so it would all cut on the router then the customer decided to go with a square top. I thought I would get some good out of the effort here.
Arch Top.jpg

Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Arch Top Cabinet

Postby Josh Rayburn » Fri, Dec 05 2014, 4:19PM

Awesome work as always Kerry :beer:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570

Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Postby Wally Schneeberger » Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:15PM

I really like that Kerry and can't imagine the time spent. Hopefully you will get some of it back.

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Postby Kerry Fullington » Sun, Dec 07 2014, 10:34AM

Wally,

I learned quite a bit on this. I was able to get things like the dadoes on the ribs that form the Timberflex for the top so they would slide in after the cabinet was built.
This will make the process easier next time.

We are also using the puzzle joint for face frame parts that is machined while the flutes etc. are being cut. The puzzle joint works great.
Clipboard01.jpg

Steven David
Company Name: David Construction

Postby Steven David » Wed, Feb 24 2016, 6:15PM

I know this was posted a couple years ago, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out how to do this.

I actually have two similar cabinets in my shop ready to install this Friday(see pics). I couldn't figure out how to do the arch tops on these in ecabs, but was able to make a rendering for my customer by setting them into a wall in which the top of the niche acted as the top of the cabinet(see renderings).

I don't have a cnc router so I'm just wanting to do this for presentation purposes(I have another arch top built-in coming up), but the way these were constructed was by simply bending 1/4" mdf over a 1/2" mdf back with a 3/8" x 3/8" rabbet routed along the edge as well as a radiused glue block/nailer cut from 1x stock and face glued to the inside of the arch frame, and the 1/4" was glued and stapled to the back, sides, and nailer.

I'm guessing this is done somehow with a display part, but I'm not sure how exactly to approach it. I think I need to draw the arch on the edge of a board the thickness of the arch segment rise and cut through but I think you can only view the front and back of the piece in the part editor? Any advice would be appreciated.
archtopcab.jpg
ArchedBuiltIn.jpg
CAM01560.jpg

Return to “Customer Images”