built-in bookcase

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Dana Sherry

built-in bookcase

Post by Dana Sherry »

Hey, just wanted some advice- attached is a built - in which is destined for my living room wall, as shown. But FIRST, I need to display it at our local builders show. I want to set it up in my 12x12 booth without having to build a2x4 wall, set a window etc... soo, I was thinking it would look good against the 8' curtain in my booth, but I would like to \"tie it all together\" with an arched valance at the show perhaps, although it would simply be two seperate cases once in my living room, with crown returned into the wall. My question is, what type of valance do I build that is cost-effective (since it will not be used in the final resting place), or does anyone have ideas other than a valance that will make the piece look good as displayed at a show?
Attachments
built in bookcase living room.jpg
built in bookcase living room.jpg (85.76 KiB) Viewed 8344 times
EdDobson

Post by EdDobson »

Hi Dana,

Nice set up. first I'd ask if you do many shows? If so, perhaps a piece you could re-use as something else. Just add an additional tier over the top with low voltage or battery operated lighting to highlight your work. Or for simplicity, you could just run a 5/4 top bullnosed over crown over 1X facia The additional piece could be re-used as above or as a display table in the future.

Ed
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Something to look at
This is 11' Wide for booth
Just one way
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Back to the wall

What about 1/4\" ply with crown. It would be very light
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Some more to look at
Pictures of your jobs
Dana Sherry

Post by Dana Sherry »

Thanks George for the great ideas! Below is my improved display, complete with \"curtain look\". I think with some soffit lights in the valance it will be quite an eye-catching display. Which Brewster file did you get your curtain look from?
Dana
Attachments
Builders Show display.jpg
Builders Show display.jpg (150.81 KiB) Viewed 8267 times
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

It will be quite an eye-catcher
Good luck at the show
KCDw program
EdDobson

Post by EdDobson »

Great accents George!,

I'm a new member and anxiously awaiting the program in the mail. Also just scrolling through the past posts enhances my ability to provide clients with fresh ideas. Thanks

Ed