den wall unit

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Bear in mind that eCabinets hsf files are not quite standard hsf files. They have some added information that many standard hsf viewers can't handle. I found this when I tried a viewer from another company (not TSA) and it croaked on an eCabinets file.
Robert J. Brown

Post by Robert J. Brown »

Chief Architect can import DWG and DXF files. It is great for kitchen and bath fixtures from Kohler and other companies that are giving them away for free. I think I will be out of luck for e-cabs, however. Thanks for the nice samples, Kerry. I still want to play around with the program just to see how it works. The cut list will be nice.

Rob
Robert J. Brown
rjbdesigns.net
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Robert,
You will be able to do the same thing in eCabinets. You have to use something like Accutrans 3D to convert the dxf files to stereo lithography .stl format, you can then import them into the eCabinets Display parts editor. This will let you use Kohler and other companies files in your drawings. You will like the detail you can get using eCabinets. Check out the Customer 3D files on this forum. There are a lot of things there for you to use in your drawings.
Have Fun.
Kerry
Gordon Prieb

Post by Gordon Prieb »

Creg. Your black cabinet looks great. It was quite dark so I imported it into a photo program and lightened it up a bit. I could then see the detail better The detail you created is great. I am interested in what it was you couldn't do with eCab regarding the curved doors. Curved doors are a must for the clients we get.

Gordon
Greg Smith
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Greg Smith »

The cabinet was origianly drawn in maple so grain direction was important to me. I could make the curved rails but because of the profile I had to mitre the profiled section otherwise the corners would have been wrong. I couldn't get all the nessesary cuts to do the job. If I was after the black from the start I might have been able to do it. But I never tried so I can't say for sure. If you use your imagination, quite often what you're after can be drawn, but not always.
Gordon Prieb

Post by Gordon Prieb »

Thanks Greg, I'll keep at it!

Gordon