Next fun Project

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Next fun Project

Post by Kerry Fullington »

This is a bed I am going to start soon.

The customer wants a \"Rustic Antique\" distress. (which I didn't show very well here).

With eCabs I was even able to show the mortise and tenon joinery.

Kerry
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Kerry,

That's the same bed you showed on Woodweb. It looks fabulous. You know maybe we should show them a lot of renderings that e-cab can do and chalenge those Jim, Jed, James and the others to show their colors since their own software is so advance.
Good work Kerry.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Thanks Jean,
I don't know why I even post on the WoodWeb. Here on the eCabinets forum you have real people looking for help and giving help freely. On the Woodweb you have more and more \"Trolls\" with motives not so genuine,
My bet is that Jeff (the original poster), Jed, James and Jim (a guy from other threads that hates eCabinets) are all one unhappy software salesman, despondent about dropping sales numbers for their overpriced under supported software. That is why I like to jab at them a little, I don't think they are real people and I have a bad habit of reading forum posts while I \"work\" on projects in eCabinets.

Hey I think I'll start posting as Kerry,Kevin,Kyle and Katie. The Katie one will really throw them off, an obnoxious cabinet building \"nerd girl\"

Kerry
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

I would like to be the first one to
Welcome Kerry,Kevin,Kyle and Katie to the forum
Duane Doty

Post by Duane Doty »

I think Jean is correct. There is a lot of harsh people and what I feel negativity on wood web. I would be willing to start posting some rendering there if you guys want to. Now mine are not as advanced yet but I'm working on it. What kind of presentation veiw can the other software produce. All I've ever seen is the line drawings of individual cabs, walls, and over head of the whole layout. Those do not seem like good selling points compared to what I can do with ecabs?
Duane Doty
Jeff Norris
Guru Member

Post by Jeff Norris »

everytime i post on woodweb i am disopointed by the response, it does seem hostle, there are lots of sales people, it gets really old, i will say that a cuple of years ago i posted on the weekend about a problem i was having with my machine and i got a bunch of sales guys telling me my problem was my machine, then later in the week i got three diffrent calls from people at thermwood wanting to know if i got my problem resolved. i dident even have my full name and they figured out it was me and called to check up.
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Kerry,

I have the same feeling then you that all those 'J' guys are all the same one and a software promoter. He has an inferiority complexe and has to develop multiple personnalities to give himself some weight.
And I don't know either why I get caught at posting there as well. You can't even say what you really want to say because Woodweb is the most censored forum.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Thermwood and eCabinet Systems seems to have the cabinet software world in a \"tither\". They are having problems competing with eCabinets and try to use the fact that it is freely distributed as a fault. If it is free it can't be any good. I have heard them post that the learning curve is too steep. It has a learning curve because it is a very versatile and powerful software. You can draw most anything using it. I will be glad when eCabinets will cutlist doors and drawers and I won't have to hear that argument against it.
It surprises me all of the guys that say they tried eCabinets (probably version 1) and it just wouldn't work for them. What I find ironic is the fact that if they are so happy with their current software, why are they looking for something better? Why not work with their current software company to make it better?

I should stay out of these silly debates but as I said I like to read posts while playing at the computer. (and my wife says I am an egotistical computer nerd) Usually after the debate heats up I can post a picture of what eCabinets can do and ask for someone to post something using their software to compare it to and the thread dies.

I am always afraid that we as satisfied eCabinets users come off as some kind of \"Cabinet Design Software Cult\" because we are so passionate about this program but all in all I think Thermwood should be proud that they have done something innovative and totally unheard of and made it work. They have a \"cult\" because they have very happy software users that I think will all choose Thermwood When they reach the need for automation.

I am new to this business and I know it would have been very hard to compete had eCabinets not come along about the same time as I decided to build cabinets.
Kerry
Last edited by Kerry Fullington on Sun, Feb 26 2006, 10:28AM, edited 1 time in total.
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member

Post by Jean G Voyer »

I am surprise that we don't see a little cloud of dust because they run away so fast. They probably don't know what saw dust is all about.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Well said Kerry! And cheers to Thermwood for all they do! :beer:
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Kerry Fullington wrote:I am always afraid that we as satisfied eCabinets users come off as some kind of "Cabinet Design Software Cult" because we are so passionate about this program but all in all I think Thermwood should be proud that they have done something innovative and totally unheard of and made it work. They have a "cult" because they have very happy software users that I think will all choose Thermwood When they reach the need for automation.
We are a "cult" of extremely happy users! Show me a post on any other forum (not just cabinet software) where the CEO is up at 1:30 AM responding to questions...it just don't happen elsewhere folks!

I, for one, am proud to be an eCabinets "bigot".
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I noticed that too Dan. I had to look twice at the posting time.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Brian Shannon wrote:I noticed that too Dan. I had to look twice at the posting time.
Of course, show me any other forum where the CEO even knows how to log onto it, much less post replies to questions. In fact, show me a CEO who would even know the answers to forum questions :wink: .
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

I must add my little bit as well...ecabs is actually a very easy piece of software to learn...just RT(F)M...Once you have gone through it once...its a breeze
I have been in the IT industry now since 1979 and I still am. As a sideline I do the sawdust and cabinet thing (perhaps I should change around!!!) BUT once again I must say that the software is BRILLIANT!!! And Oh yes, the problem I had previously with the memory/display card where I could not get into 'Detail room' ... I had a 'black worm' virus and my anti-virus did not pick it up