entertainment modification

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Ted Evans

entertainment modification

Post by Ted Evans »

Hopefully, this is the final modification for this job. The flutes are not shown in the columns because I have not been able to figure out how to stop a flute short of the board's end. I usually step the lengths of the flutes so they are short of the full length. Any suggestions as to how this could be done would be appreciated.
Attachments
croy entertainment.jpg
croy entertainment.jpg (81.13 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Ted
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Looks nice Ted!

The best way I've found to start/stop flutes in eCabs is to use 3 different display boards (or cubes). Bottom (no flutes) middle (flutes) top (no flutes).

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to actually show a start/stop point (rounded), my flutes in eCabs have always been through.

I'd actually like to show eased started/stopped flutes, and be able to stagger the starts/stops in eCabs. (The particular job I'm working on now needs started/stopped/eased/staggered for some sconce lights about 60\" from the floor.).

I thought about making individual boards with a flute in the center and my spacing on either side. For instance, a 7/8\" wide board with a 3/8\" flute in the center, then building on either side (and at different lengths) to make them appear correct.

I'm hoping a future version of eCabs will allow us to pick a start/stop point with ANY edge profile for a bit more custom control......

Good luck!

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Ted,
Take a look at this thread to see how to do blind stopped flutes.
http://ntc.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... s#img_1337
Kerry
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Ted,

After reviewing the above mentioned post, I tried the techniques described. The result is shown below.

The starts and stops for the flutes were easy enough to lay out in the contour editor, and the rounded ends of the flutes are simply circles the same diameter as my profile tool, 'drilled' or cut to the same depth as my profile tool.

The one thing I still cannot figure out is how to 'ease' the starts and stops.

Hope this helps, and thanks to all here who contributed.

Mike

btw.....my apologies for not investigating this a little further, obviously eCabs is already more powerful than my imagination! :oops:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Ted Evans

Post by Ted Evans »

Mike and Kerry, thanks a bunch for the suggestions. Hope to have time in the next couple of days to give them a try. And thanks for the pictures Mike, it's always interesting to see how others approach a task.
Ted