As promised....

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

As promised....

Post by Mike Seisser »

I finally got around to finishing the drawing that inspired me to figure out how to make realistic started and stopped flutes. Below is the original drawing from my first meeting with the client, and 2 updated versions with changes the client requested. I'm hoping to get started sometime next month, after the tile setter replaces the existing surround/hearth.

Now if only I had one of them there CNC thingamabobbers...... :wink:

Oh, the texture mapping on the upper fluted columns (and elsewhere for that matter)....I know it looks like hell, it was 4:30am and I wanted 90 minutes sleep before leaving for an early meeting. Has anyone successfully used their own images for a specific finish with eCabs? It seems to me that most of the bitmaps are just too small, and don't repeat/rotate very well.....

Mike
Attachments
Update 1
Update 1
Great Room v5.jpg (172.96 KiB) Viewed 5659 times
Alternate update
Alternate update
Great Room Alt v1.jpg (512.34 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
Original
Original
Great Room v2.jpg (146.01 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Beautiful job Mike and a great design. I like it.
Kerry
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Mike, exceptional drawing,and I DO have one of those cnc thingamjiggy's or will in a couple weeks... Only about three hrs south of you in north central,IN. Be more than glad to do some cutting for you.
Mike
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Mike -- Very nice designs. I went through the same process a little while ago and am now working on mine. I didn't try and show the stopped flutes in the drawing but did have them cut on CNC with the flutes going around the top corbels and starting above the bottom plinth blocks. Here's a look at my final drawing.
Attachments
cathCC.jpg
cathCC.jpg (159.21 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Both are great designs! Isn't this software nice for showing the customer exactly what they are getting!