Stairwell Entertainment Center

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Rolf Bergstrom

Stairwell Entertainment Center

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

Nobody asked but I figured I would post this since I mentioned it in another post. I have never posted any pics here before so bear with me if I screw it up.
This was an interesting project for eCabs. I was given some pictures and a dimensioned drawing of the stairwell opening done by someone else and asked to fit a rack of A/V components, speakers and some storage into the space just over 4 feet tall and about 4 feet wide. There were also kitchen cabinets facing into the room and I had to match those but that is another story.
There was also the possibility that I would not be involved in the installation so I wanted to show how I thought it should all be installed and did several assemblies in eCabs from the framing on through the trim.
The first pic is just the 2 x 4 framing. I did not bother trimming the angles since it would all have to be cut to fit on site but this did give me a rough cut list from eCabs. There is also some rear bracing but it is not shown in this pic, I had a separate dimensioned drawing.
The next pic is the boxes installed. In reality the boxes and framing were done together in order to secure everything in tight.
Next is the facia pieces. There is actually supposed to be a square cutout for the drawer but at least in v4 I could not cut it out. Whenever I took the part into Part Editor to cut it the part would shrink by about 4 inches in both directions. Hmm, just tried it in v5, same thing.
Finally the trim and a couple of actual photos of the finished job.
I thought this was kind of a cool job for eCabs and what was really cool was that I never really saw the job site and didn't get to take my own measurements (which made me a little nervous but I know the guy that did so it wasn't that bad) but all of the parts fit like a glove and all the framing and trim just needed minor trimming to fit and get the angles right.
Okay, I guess I can only add three attachments so I will post another set separate.
Attachments
Add boxes.jpg
Add boxes.jpg (22.98 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
Framing Assembly.jpg
Framing Assembly.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
Add Facia.jpg
Add Facia.jpg (20.25 KiB) Viewed 2941 times