Strange Kitchen

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Strange Kitchen

Post by Joe Dusel »

Here are a few renderings for a kitchen that I'm supposed to sign the contract for tomorrow. This is what happens when you have a client in his 20s with a California remodel. The way the California remodel works if you leave a few of the existing walls in a little clunker of a house you don't have to pay the extreme fees that you would for a new house. So, unfortunately, the walls that were left were the ones picked to put the kitchen into with lots of wierd little alcoves. I wanted to re-design the designers work, but this is the way the client wants it. I figure that after he gets married I might get to do the kitchen a second time for him.

Note the sink area. There will be a 55\" stretch of granite to the windows.

Joe
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

Joe,
I think that the kitchen got hidden in the alcoves you spoke about! :)
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Re: Strange Kitchen

Post by Mike Seisser »

Joe Dusel wrote:The way the California remodel works if you leave a few of the existing walls in a little clunker of a house you don't have to pay the extreme fees that you would for a new house.
Nice loophole, huh? I've worked on quite a few 2 & 3 flats in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago where similar regulations exist. As long as you leave one of the 4 exterior walls alone, you can basically rebuild an entire building as a 'remodel'. The basic advantage being that the building doesn't entirely have to be up to current code, if one considers that an advantage.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Sorry guys. The night I tried to post this I got a bunch of Javascript errors, so I figured the forum was down. Now I see that the files did not go through and I got three copies of the same message with no way to delete them...

I will try to post the files.

Joe
Attachments
wideShot3.jpg
wideShot3.jpg (85.58 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
rangeView3.jpg
rangeView3.jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

well....glad to see the pix's - I was begining to wonder if I wasn't seeing things!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Mark Taylor wrote:well....glad to see the pix's - I was begining to wonder if I wasn't seeing things!
I used to have THAT problem before I had my cataracts removed but now I sometimes see things that I wish I didn't (things in "public", not your design Joe) :wink: