Off-topic: From a still image to a movie

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Off-topic: From a still image to a movie

Post by Al Navas »

I thought I would share this one. It is not yellow like Dan's, but I do love this old rust bucket. It is about 6 miles from my house, on a lot adjacent to some kind of business. I hope you will like it.

This is essentially a still photo, in *.jpg format at 6 megapixels (Nikon D50). I used StageTools' MovingPicture ( http://www.stagetools.com/ ) to animate the *.jpg file; this converts it into a movie format, or *.avi animation. Uploading the file to Photobucket then converts the file into *.flv (Flash) format.

Enjoy!

-------- Al

Here is the \"movie\" from a still photo - the same technique can be used with any *.jpg images created using eCabs. Imagine the possibilities for super-duper your renderings... 8)

Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

VERY COOL Al! I CAN imagine the possibilties. I can't wait to check it out.

Brian
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I imagine Brian is talking about the possibilities of the jpg to avi tool. :wink:

To me though, imagine the possibilities of that \"old rust bucket.\" Mine most likely looked like that at some time or another. I can see a great street rod in that pile.

Is it for sale Al?
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Brian Shannon wrote:VERY COOL Al! I CAN imagine the possibilities. I can't wait to check it out...
Great! Please let us know how you make out. I would love to see the results you get with it, Brian.

To clarify one item: MovingPicture is the plug-in for video editors. I used a little free-standing program called Producer, which comes (free) with MovingPicture. Producer CAN be purchased separately.

By the way, Bill, the creator and owner of this software does a GREAT job with Customer Service and Tech Support. If you have any questions, fire off an e-mail to him and you will get a reply within hours.

DanEpps wrote:I imagine Brian is talking about the possibilities of the jpg to avi tool. :wink:
I am fairly sure he is, Dan :lol: .
DanEpps wrote:...To me though, imagine the possibilities of that "old rust bucket." Mine most likely looked like that at some time or another. I can see a great street rod in that pile.

Is it for sale Al?
I have been going back and forth on this one, Dan - I just don't another huge project at this time.

I am sure it was for sale at the time I snapped this photo, but would have to talk to the people at the location to find out the current status. Please let me know if you are interested.

Al
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Al Navas wrote:...Please let me know if you are interested...
Better not, my wife would KILL me!!! :lol: