Entertainment Center

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Jon Kenworthy
Company Name: darrells Carpenter Shop

Entertainment Center

Post by Jon Kenworthy »

This is a job we did awhile back and recently got some finished pictures from the decorator. It was challenging in that it had a concrete floor and the beams in the ceiling and the cabinets went from floor to ceiling. The TV sits behind pocket doors and is on a pullout so when the doors are closed they match the doors on the left.
IMG_2683.jpg
IMG_2683.jpg (125.69 KiB) Viewed 7400 times
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Entertainment Center

Post by Joe Dusel »

Nice rendering!

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Jon,
This is right up my alley since I build libraries. You've done a fine job here of adding unique design elements to make the whole effect very engaging. This is a job to be proud of and make potential buyers want to have one just like it.
I notice the long span on many of the shelves. Looks like quite a bit more that 32-35". What thickness did you use for the shelf material?
Also, I can't quite tell from the pix, does the TV cab have doors that retract?
Nice job.
regards,
Jon Kenworthy
Company Name: darrells Carpenter Shop

Post by Jon Kenworthy »

Joe, the above picture was an actual completed job picture by the designer, here is the E-cabinets presentation that I put together for the client. Awesome, huh. :lol:
Hartnetts.jpg
Hartnetts.jpg (87.68 KiB) Viewed 7099 times
Peter, the center span is close to 60 inches. We used 3/4 in. alder plywood with a 1 3/4 in face frame, then we put some 1 in. steel under the shelf, right behind the face frame to support the extra length. The TV has sliding pocket doors and is on a sliding tray so when the TV is retracted and the doors closed it matches the cabinet on the left. Jon