testing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Bryan,
All of the display items I used for this job I have uploaded to the Customer 3D Images area of the eCabinets Forum. You can download them there to use. David Nortin has also been sharing a lot of display objects there. You can change the texture on any of these items in the Display Parts Editor. You can also find display objects in the eCabinets/sample stl's folder, as well as in the Cabinet Assembly editor under Display Objects then Sample HSF's
Here is an exploded view of the desk to whow how it was done.

The desk front was built as a face frame with doors inset using a bead moulding. You can also use a panel mould to inset the doors in the frame. If you use a mitered door with applied panel moulding and then inset that door into a frame using a panel mould it creates a wonderful depth in the panels that you cannot get by just building a basic raised panel front. You can get as fancy as your customer can afford.

With eCabinets think of how you build something in the shop and then make ecabinets do that. By taking a basic cabinet and removing, re-sizing and adding parts you can create any part of a cabinet to use in an assembly. After all cabinets are just a bunch of boxes put together and eCabinets can draw any kind of box. Anything that isn't a box can be done as a display panel, board, or cube and with the part editor you can shape any of these pieces so it is just like cutting them in the shop. You are only held back by your imagination and how much time you are willing to invest. The few things that can't be created in eCabinets, carvings etc. can be created in an external CAD application or found as 3D models on the internet and imported into eCabinets.

Kerry
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Kerry, that's truly breath-taking, a beautiful design. It's also interesting to see estimates from folks of the prices it could/would bring from different parts of the country. In my area, sad to say, that would either go for about $8k-10k or not at all. Funny how people will balk at a price like that for something that will literally last a lifetime and increase in value, while not blinking an eye about paying $30k for a car that is worth half that much by the time they get it home and at best will last 10 years.

Whatever you charged for it, I'm sure they got a hell of a deal.
Thanks for sharing the pics!
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jeremy,
I am glad to hear that. I got $7800 for this job. It would have been nice to get another $1000 or so out of this but had I tried I am afraid I would have been at the shop doing nothing. There is not much work available here so I have to try to make sure I get every job that comes around. Sadly that usually means low pricing. Ken mentioned using \"Killer\" finishes to help get top dollor for a project, but that would be another thinkg like the inlayed desk top that I did on this, mycustomers would love to have it if I want to throw it in.
Kerry
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

nice job

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi Kerry, I am currently running a job very similar to yours, I am guessing it is about 12' across that back wall. My job adds custom file cabinets to the other end of the room,with tops on those also. My job is glazed maple, dovetailed drawers on undermounts,salice hinges, interiors finished before assembly,plain glass, all tops including desk are Corian in sandstone-- will be Delived and installed with care, this job sold for $16,700, about the price of a small kitchen that would come from my shop.
Thanks for all your posts,
Mike