Island suggestions?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

Island suggestions?

Post by ScotAcree »

Hey all,
Looking for some advice in the island area which is in a 120 year old house remodel job.The kitchen use to be at the other end and this was the dining room.They took out 3 walls and put in steel beams to support the second story and are opening up the stairway for a more open look.They also took out the 8 foot high ceiling built down in the 70's and brought it back up to the original 9 foot high.The chimney in the middle of the room will stay and be covered with stone.
The client would like to be able to seat the 6 family members around a raised bar overlooking the cook top and vegetable sink cabinets.The room to the right is the family room.
I have figured out all the other requests and challenges they brought to me, but now this island design is all I can come up with.Having a little writers block.The chimney has been a pain to work around and I originally gave them designs when the kitchen was at the other end of the room.
Maybe this will be easy for someone else to stand back and look at and have a better design,I think I have just worked on this for too long and can not look at it from another point of view.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Scot
Attachments
island.jpg
island.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
Mathias kitchen layout1-3.esj - Shortcut.zip
(489 Bytes) Downloaded 617 times