Dust collection for M67

Discuss Thermwood 5-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Bob Gregory

Dust collection for M67

Postby Bob Gregory » Thu, Jan 07 2010, 12:21PM

Good day We will be installing a M67-105 this month and I am looking to install some sort of a dust collection system to the machine. This machine will be used for 3 axis work when our M45 is at capacity. When we need 5 axis work done our primary use will be carving EPS or sign foam 4' x 8' sheets.
I'm think of fitting a skirt system from a M45 3 axis machine for use when we are in the 3 axis mode and removing it when in 5 axis mode. I am also thinking that we could use a different system for the 5 axis mode. Perhaps vertical 8" walls mounted to the bed perimeter with some collection ports installed into the rear wall. Any thoughts or suggestions would be a good thing. Thanks for your help.
Bob

Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Dust collection for M67

Postby Ryan Hochgesang » Fri, Jan 08 2010, 10:41AM

Hi Bob,

The 8" tall wall setup sounds like a pretty good idea. Also, I've looked into C67-105 and this machine shows up as containing a dual ended spindle. If you contact Thermwood retro dept., they can give you information on a collection device that will mnt. directly to the router. The following link has some info. regarding the system I'm thinking of:

http://www.thermwood.com/twood_site/pag ... ector2.pdf

Retrofit Dept. Contact Info.:

email: retrofits@thermwood.com

or

Call: 1-800-221-3865 (Ext. 251)

Bob Gregory

Postby Bob Gregory » Fri, Jan 08 2010, 1:20PM

Thanks Ryan I spoke to Jeff in the retro fit dept and what they have will not work. Our machine which has an HSD spindle with the ATC storing tools in the left leg. The available dust collection rig will only work with tool bar stored tools and not leg stored tools. So it looks like the 8" wall idea will be our solution.
Bob

Ryan Hochgesang

Postby Ryan Hochgesang » Fri, Jan 08 2010, 1:47PM

Thanks for the update.

Return to “Thermwood 5-Axis Machinery”