I order Windows 7 Professional Dell 6-15-10_3:34pm It's HERE

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

I order Windows 7 Professional Dell 6-15-10_3:34pm It's HERE

Post by George Davidson »

I order Windows 7 Professional Dell 6-15-10_3:34pm It's HERE :beer:
I just can't back up all my data on the computer I do have a Ext My Book It will just back up 4G then it stops.
Dell Te.said Reinstall all your disks from Dell that will clean my computer up the right way :?:
I talked t0 3 D Te Thes. The last one O on you OUR PROGRAM
BounceBack Essential Recovery Software (A3094783)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... lid=628335
She said it was $33.99 would you like to order it I said I will get back to you. Dell Web. has it for $17.00 :!:
My wife order Windows 7 Professional from Dell $274.99 Total $291.99 They would not let me put it on my Dell account it was under $500.00. :twisted: If I knew that I would of never order it from Dell.I was just trying to be nice
Amazon.com for $239.00
Attachments
Snap3.jpg
Snap3.jpg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 7299 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: I order Windows 7 Professional Dell 6-15-10_3:34pm It's HERE

Post by DanEpps »

What do you currently have on the computer--XP or Vista? If it is Vista and you have the same style of Windows 7 (home, professional, etc), yopu might be able to upgrade in place (see this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... tions.aspx).

If it is XP you will have to backup and restore your data but be aware that some problems exist in restoring XP backups to Windows 7.

There are a couple of downloads from Microsoft to allow easier backups for the Windows 7 upgrade. Here is the link for the downloads page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.aspx

Just download the appropriate version of "Windows Easy Transfer" (for either 32 or 64 bit XP or Vista) and use it to create the backup.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

George -- It would be cheaper and easier to add another hard drive for storage. I had 2 when I upgraded so I just copied anything I wanted to keep to the 2nd HD and then disconnected it before installing a new version of Win7Pro. After installing and everything is running fine then hooked it back up. All my stuff was there and no problems.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Thank You guys
I do have a external hard drive I downloaded "Windows Easy Transfer" and downloaded everything to my external hard drive :beer: It took about 5 1/2 Min's I was trying to do it with the Wizard for 4 day's playing with it :wall: I just should of come to the "Main Wizard" of e-Cabinets.
Attachments
Hugs.gif
Hugs.gif (25.32 KiB) Viewed 7412 times
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

So George you have the new Dell. How is it performing with Ecabinets?
What specs does your computer have? I haven't noticed it listed anywhere else on the forum.
Regards
Neville
Neville Australia