Any thoughts on electronic newsletter

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Any thoughts on electronic newsletter

Post by Neville Bastian »

I wonder if Thermwood is in a position on re releasing the Thermwood Newsletter. The printed one was very professional thus expensive I guess. I would be happy with a MS Word version full of news from Thermwood than none at all.

Maybe it could be half Thermwood machinery stories with Trade fair highlights then the other half Ecabinets hints and suggestions with a few case studies of Ecabinet users. Putting a face to a name. Don't use Dan Epps face. I have seen it. Only joking Dan.

Hopefully someone will volunteer to compile it.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Re: Any thoughts on electronic newsletter

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

That's an awesome idea!!! I really miss those magazines.

If that doesn't happen, maybe we should all post more jobs that we are doing/done.

I agree that the magazines Thermwood produced would be time consuming and expensive, content is what we want not a flash layout.
Keeping up with developments at Thermwood, machine and software would be good too.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Hmmm...you guys forget about the Thermwood Blog?
Neville Bastian wrote:...Don't use Dan Epps face. I have seen it...
Yeah, you saw it and went back home--I have to look at it in the mirror every day!!! :wall:
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Dan, physical beauty is only skin deep, so is ugliness.
Have a good day.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

Dan, your right I did forget about the blog!!!!

Sometimes you can't see something right in front of your face.

So now we just need to, I'm included in this, post more things we are doing/done with ecabinets.
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

I don't think Blogs are as good as a newsletter to get out info. Blogs tend to be spontaneous type info where as a newsletter has a format and a purpose come design.
With a newsletter the editor has a brief to meet certain conditions such as 50% content is Thermwood news 50% is Ecabinet news. Then you can have the sections with 30% on Ecabinet new features, 30% on undocumented tricks & keyboard shorts cuts then 40% on Ecabinet user of the month.
The other good thing is the organiser of the newsletter has a deadline to meet so all articles have to be submitted internally by a certain date. Without deadlines like a blog open endness it won't happen.

Some of the topics I would like to see to get it rolling is
Full coverage of the trade shows with the main feature is Thermwood booth but also their associates like Vortex router bits, Planit, shopbot, 20-20 technologies etc
In depth discussion on new Thermwood models with new features such new spindles, improvements to table bed, new drilling heads. Stuff most people would be bored with but Thermwood owners or prospective users would love to know about.
Staff profiles with their outside interests.
Over view on the different departments like electrical , Engineering, despatch etc. We know a few names on the Thermwood forum staff but none of the back room guys.
Like to see the various industries that use the Thermwood from Euro space to movie set designers.
Maybe some maintenance tips with the Thermwood that we may overlook such as compressed air drying, lubrication and general maintenance.

Maybe you have something you wish to see in a future newsletter. Sorry Dan no girlie pictures. :cry:
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Guys,

The magazine was extremely expensive and a e-newsletter has been on my mind since the last copy of the magazine. I don't even do print ads anymore just because of how expensive they are, only banners. Let me think about this because I have a million ideas of what we could put into these newsletters.

thanks and have a great Thanksgiving
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com