Low activity on the forum

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Low activity on the forum

Post by Gary Puckett »

Why do you think the forums activity has been low?
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Re: Low activity on the forum

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Gary, there are no bugs to complain about. Told you the pizza was a bad idea. Should have been booze. Scott has done a great job removing all problems one by one. Seems CN has been some what of a problem but overall good work there too.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Look at customer tools and design sharing. Is it that work is slow,or no has the time to post anything.I know everyone is waiting for the new release, but who knows when that will be.

Anyway was just wondering there was a time when the forum was very active and it kind of went down hill. A lot of the regulars are not here any more.
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Gary,
I am still here and using e-cabs everyday!!!
I cant say I havent been guilty of a direct call to Kerry the other day, or a call to Ryan, but I just really don't have any problems with the software.
A couple of things I would like to see improved/changed to my methods, but as it is, she is running great for me..

Honestly, I think a lot of the activity you see spike is guys who are curious, just getting started, working out of their garages, etc....
Some or most of these are gone/inactive.
Most guys such as myself who use it for production have the parts/librarys,they need to produce their projects and are on cruise with the software itself.
I have a showroom, so my drawings are basically production drawings, I do draw the kitchens/whatever and I do make them presentable, but I never fool with lighting, mouldings, corbels,doors,colors,etc...
I have all that here and they choose from actual samples, or actual job pictures,site visits..
I think this is also where a lot of activity came from and once again I beleive most of those guys are inactive/gone...
NO doubt I am constantly upgrading my Librarys, tweaking things, organizing, etc, but I very seldom actually need to post anything.
I do check daily to see if there is anything I can help with or if there might be something new...
Have a good day..
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Gary, We are like Mike M. I check every day and see what is going on and have noticed the same low activity. I think it is that few bugs still exist and there are fewer needs to "work around". We use eCabs and our Thermwood every day, have a CS45 and it has revolutionized what we do! I'm not as good as lots of guys but get the job done. Our machine is a production machine, making cabinets but also one of a kind stuff.
It is actually easier to deal with the forum now that there aren't 50 posts each day so a little consolation there!
Lots of us are still out here and like you, there are some names that are noticably absent. I think the world economic mess is a real issue.
Rob
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

I would agree with Rob and Mike. I as well check the forum almost every day. Business has picked up for us so it lends less time to give towards the forum. The most likely reason is as mentioned, the program is working quite well. So a lot more :D and a lot less :wall: !!!

-John
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43