Ain't Technology Grand?

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Ain't Technology Grand?

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I cut some parts in Amarillo yesterday and upon returning home I realized I had forgotten to return Keith's control to his original settings. We have linked my office computer to his and using this link I was able to take control of his office PC and then via Remote Desktop access the Thermwood Control and correct the settings from 90 miles away.

I just thought it was amazing that this is even possible.

(It doesn't take much to impress me though)

Kerry
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: Ain't Technology Grand?

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Maybe soon he'll have auto load/unload, and you will be able to cut your parts remotely as well! :mrgreen:
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Perry Pravettone
Company Name: Unemployed Manager

Post by Perry Pravettone »

I use Remote Desktop a lot. I can work on my friends website without leaving home. www.myservisource.com Check it out if you need toner for your copy machine. Sorry only local service calls. Buy the way make sure he's not on his computer or your you will knock him off.
Here's a funny story someone told me.
This person I know was watching a video he received in a email (Adult) and his wife went remote to his computer from home and then she was watching the video now. That did not go over well with her. lol
Perry Pravettone
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Yeah, you could have in theory even done it by phone whilst you are driving - or pulled off onto the side of the road. Amazing stuff eh?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au