Laser Tape Measures

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Laser Tape Measures

Postby Thom Davies » Wed, Apr 10 2013, 5:15PM

Hi

Just wondering if anyone uses these to measure up jobs? There are ones that have blue tooth and work with your iphone or ipad. Crazy stuff!

http://www.accurate.net.nz/lasertape.htm

Cheers

Thom

Jon Dieterlen

Re: Laser Tape Measures

Postby Jon Dieterlen » Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:29PM

I just got one a couple of months ago. I got one made by Bosch. Measures up to 200 or 250 feet with an accuracy of 1/16" of an inch or so. Very helpful for those long measurements. Impresses the home owner as well. I believe the cost was $150 or so. It takes a little getting used to. I could see where it would be good to be able to load the measurements to a mobile device of some kind.

Jon

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Postby Mark McCallum » Thu, Apr 11 2013, 5:26AM

Yes, I have been using the leica distro for about 3 years now. They are actually a dopler system, (like a bat) its the beep that measures. The laser is so that you can see where you are measuring.
I have found it to be very accurate and great for measuring between walls and over junk.
I remember paying $270 for the basic model and it looks like the new models have more features and cost quite a bit less now.

jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Postby jason galbraith » Thu, Apr 11 2013, 4:08PM

Yeah I use a leica and they are really useful. Make sure if you get one that it has a level on it, my new one doesn't and its impossible to tell if you are measuring a level line or not. They save a heap of time and you can do multiple measurements and they all stay on the screen so you can then write them down on your paper work when you are finished.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au

Return to “Lounge”