I am a complete Newbie to this software, I may need some of

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Scott Bolden
Company Name: QRS Home Improvement

I am a complete Newbie to this software, I may need some of

Postby Scott Bolden » Tue, May 20 2014, 7:11PM

Hello everybody,
Like I said, I am completely new to this software, and I may be asking a few dumb questions here and there. I recently started subbing cabinet work from a friend of mine who uses this software, but I don't want to constantly bug him with questions. I am just getting familiar with Thermwood, and want to learn more about it. Any of your help would be greatly appreciated.
I am just now learning how to open up the kitchens he sends me and pull up the dimensions and such. I can pull down the cut lists's and such, but I would like to learn how to pull up the cabinet door dimensions, piece by piece and such.
I know it sounds a little anal right now, but I'm on the production end right now. (taking baby steps). I'll graduate to the design phase in time.
Trying to impress my new Boss, so I'm ready and willing to learn anything you all can teach me.
I'm 53, so I'm trying guy's!! :) :beer:

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: I am a complete Newbie to this software, I may need some

Postby Mark McCallum » Wed, May 21 2014, 3:40AM

Hi Scott
If I understand your question.
Two areas you may get the info you are looking for.
Load the job.
Click on the white page tab at the top with a red c on it. (create cutlist) The doors are listed per cabinet and also doors are listed towards the end.
Or again at the top for sheet cut doors, click on the nest diagrams button next to the CNC button. Select either Sheet, view or job.
Filter out any cabinet,or parts you don't need then perform nest.
You can print out both reports (I use the sheet layout most of the time) Job prints one sheet per part where as sheet displays parts per sheet.
Hope this helps

Scott Bolden
Company Name: QRS Home Improvement

Postby Scott Bolden » Wed, May 21 2014, 5:25PM

Mark McCallum wrote:Hi Scott
If I understand your question.
Two areas you may get the info you are looking for.
Load the job.
Click on the white page tab at the top with a red c on it. (create cutlist) The doors are listed per cabinet and also doors are listed towards the end.
Or again at the top for sheet cut doors, click on the nest diagrams button next to the CNC button. Select either Sheet, view or job.
Filter out any cabinet,or parts you don't need then perform nest.
You can print out both reports (I use the sheet layout most of the time) Job prints one sheet per part where as sheet displays parts per sheet.
Hope this helps
Thanks Mark. I have so much to learn. I've gotten that far as far as getting my cut lists now. Now I would like to learn how to edit the door dimensions and opening. Like I said, I have this HUGE manual. but I get overwhelmed some times. But thank you! I may need you again here soon! :?

Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Postby Al dedenus » Mon, May 26 2014, 1:48AM

Hi Scott
Welcome to eCabinets!
You would be best to direct your questions to the 'Software Forum' rather than the lounge
Also you should look to subscribing to the' Video Tutorials' they are incredibly helpful :D

Return to “Lounge”