Need your oppion

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Need your oppion

Post by Gary Puckett »

I am thinking about trying to get work from architects. I have no idea how that's going to work out just being a one man shop, but I have been hearing a lot about the types of drawing s they require.
Does anyone work with an architect and will eCabinets satisfy their drawing needs?

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: Need your oppion

Post by Nick M Singer »

I cant really comment as to standards in the US because things are a little different here and some guys even produce cabinets off the 1:100. I am sure things have to be more detailed for you folk but am certain that a good shop drawing off eCabs would be more than sufficient.
Lee Gernandt

Re: Need your oppion

Post by Lee Gernandt »

I say go for it. I'm a one man, sometimes two man shop and have done quite a bit of work for architects. Some do want detailed shop drawings, some not so demanding. I use the ecab drawings from the line drawing editor to show them and they are usually more than adequate. Just make sure you tirn down the line enhancement so you don't see every part detail. I did that once when I was in a hurry and the architect got confused by some of the extra lines> :lol: The biggest thing I can recommend to them is to be completely upfront with them about your operation. The down side of beung a one man shop is that a good bout of the flu or a family emergency can really mess with the schedule. The architects I've worked with were more than understanding when this happened to me once.
Good luck, Lee