Very Disapointed

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Very Disapointed

Post by Gary Puckett »

I don't know about you but I am very disappointed in the new web site.

Some of the links take forever to come in
Who ever picked the samples showing the program capabilities sure did make some bad choices
Nowhere does it tell new members it does not support Vista.

It's sad :cry: very very sad :cry:

Just my opinion
Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Very Disapointed

Post by DanEpps »

I'll tell you what Gary, why don't you just create a better site your self? All you ever do is complain about Vista...GET OVER IT!!!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gary,

The speed of the website is because of the phenomenal amount of traffic it received.
I have included a quote from the eCabinets Site on their recommended system page.
Note: The eCabinet Systems software does not benefit from multi-processor or multi-core processor systems.

Important: eCabinet Systems strongly recommends avoiding computers or laptops with 'Integrated' graphics that have 'Shared' memory."

Important: eCabinet Systems is not compatible with Windows XP 64-bit Edition or any version of Windows Vista.
Kerry
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

Gary,

Look on the bright side...this should help eCabinets generate revenue in order to help them be able to produce updates that you are looking for. These things must be done in stages.

Be patient! I'm sure the guys at eCabinets have heard you, many times, and they are doing their best.
-John
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

DanEpps wrote:I'll tell you what Gary, why don't you just create a better site your self? All you ever do is complain about Vista...GET OVER IT!!!
Dan,

All I am sying is the site did not let new members know the program does not fully support Vista.

The site is slow and at times locks up, sorry if I offened you but it seems that when ever I mention VIsta you get upset. Vista is here all other programs are Vista compatable and at least 75% of the people that buy a new computer buy from a store, and do not have their computer custom made.

The program is going to be Vista compatable in version 6, but untill then new members need to know.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gary,

See my previous post. They do say that eCabinets is absolutely not compatible with any Vista at this time.

Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Gary Puckett wrote:...Who ever picked the samples showing the program capabilities sure did make some bad choices...
You are aware that you just dissed all of your fellow members, aren't you? If you look closely at the designs you will see work from Kerry Fullington, Peter Walsh and other members, not just some randomly chosen "stuff" to fill the page.

Do you have any designs that would better illustrate the capabilities of eCabinets? If so, send them to Jason so they can be added to the website.
Gary Puckett wrote:...it seems that when ever I mention VIsta you get upset. Vista is here all other programs are Vista compatable...
If you haven't noticed Gary, Vista is GOING AWAY!
Gary Puckett wrote:...The program is going to be Vista compatable in version 6, but untill then new members need to know...
If you would bother to READ the computer system requirements you would see that it is pointed out very clearly that eCabinets is not compatible with "Windows XP 64-bit Edition or any version of Windows Vista."

It is not the fault of Thermwood that you chose to completely ignore the system requirements when you bought a computer. All vendors that offer WORKSTATION-CLASS computers continue to offer XP Professional as an operating system option. YOU made the choice to buy Vista, not Thermwood or anyone on the forum!

This is one of the biggest issues that gets posted to the forums. I have absolutely no sympathy for folks who completely ignore the system requirements then complain about the software not working.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Gary, my new workstation came with Vista Business and a XP downgrade. Just like any other tool in the shop you need to pick the right one. Enough said, I to get tired of hearing the Vista whine, so as John says "be patient" there's more to it than meets the eye.

HP 8710w