Looking for a good background check website.

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Looking for a good background check website.

Post by George Davidson »

I rent out three apartments, and I'm looking to do background checks for possible tenants. We have been stung in the past by not so good people. Can anyone recommend a good website that will give personal and criminal checks? My wife has looked on internet and there are so many of them, that she can't find one that give us what we are looking for.
Thanks for your help. :D
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Looking for a good background check website.

Post by DanEpps »

I would check with the local police department. They may offer background checks or at least be able to point yopu in the right direction locally.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi
Police can just do the town ship there in. :(
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Post by John J. Desmond »

George,

I have a friend in Missouri who has a rental and he checks background also. He uses a website called 'Missouri Courts' which gives a state wide search on a person. Everything reported in a court setting will be on it. You may go to 'Pennsylvania Courts' and see what is available to you there. I have done this it seems that you can find everything from personal to criminal checks. There may be a fee for the information but I think if it saves you losing rent money, or worst, having to remodel your property, it may be worth it. Hope this helps. :D

John Desmond
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Dont you have credit bureau in your part of the world? If not, you could do some background checks yourself, ask for bank details and a few creditors and get a performance history. A pain in the rear but will probably save a lot of anguish later. We also try get all monthly payments upfront in PD cheques.