A sucker is born every 60 seconds

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

A sucker is born every 60 seconds

Post by DanEpps »

As P. T. Barnum once said, there is a sucker born every 60 seconds.

I just recieved an incredible offer in the mail this morning. For only $149.99 annual membership fee, I can sign up with a program that gives me back 2% of the first $5000 of my enrolled credit card purchases each year!!! Let's see, 2% of $5000 comes up to $100 per year I could get back!

How can you refuse an offer like that? Send them $149.99 and they send you $100 back. Who says organized crime is dead?
Neal Meyers Jr
Company Name: Euharlee Woodshop

Re: A sucker is born every 60 seconds

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

DanEpps wrote:As P. T. Barnum once said, there is a sucker born every 60 seconds.

I just received an incredible offer in the mail this morning. For only $149.99 annual membership fee, I can sign up with a program that gives me back 2% of the first $5000 of my enrolled credit card purchases each year!!! Let's see, 2% of $5000 comes up to $100 per year I could get back!

How can you refuse an offer like that? Send them $149.99 and they send you $100 back. Who says organized crime is dead?
Dan was that card issued by one of the banks that the US Government controls or was it from a smaller crime family from Niger???

:beer:
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White GA
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: A sucker is born every 60 seconds

Post by DanEpps »

It sure sounds like a Nigerian scheme, but there is no "dead uncle inheritance" or such. :lol:

Actually, it came from one of those rip-off outfits that supposedly offer discounts on stuff like travel, hotels, etc. This is the first time I have seen a scam's terms laid out so clearly. They get by with it because the fine print says you are "joining their club."