Digital TV

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Digital TV

Post by John J. Desmond »

I am needing to buy a new antenna for Digital reception. My rabbit ears, that was said to work fine, is not. My reception most of the time is in blocks. I am serious, the picture on the screen is in a bunch of little blocks. The sound even comes and goes. When the pictures turns to little blocks the picture jumps and I miss a bunch of the show. I think I need to put it either in the attic or outside. Any suggestions on the type of antenna? I have tried searching online but it really only gives options rather than solutions. Any help?
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: Digital TV

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

The best thing for any TV reception is to mount a directional antenna on the roof, with a motor to rotate it. With this setup, you have a knob in your house to rotate the antenna to get the best reception for the channel you're watching. Radio Shack sells the antennae, motors, poles, roof mounting kits, wire, etc. Everything you'll need. Probably cost around $150-$200, which ain't particularly cheap, but hey, welcome to the digital age. Ain't it great? :roll:

(while I type this, there's a storm outside that has totally blotted out my digital satellite TV signal)
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12