Improper Argument

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Rachelle DeShields

Improper Argument

Postby Rachelle DeShields » Tue, Jun 27 2017, 12:19PM

I am trying to create a profile tool to more accurately represent the panel molding we use. We do not mill our own trim and I am a self taught eCabinet user so my problem may be simpler than it looks to me. I have made sure that my profile is a closed contour by trimming all intersecting lines and arches. I tested this by applying the pattern to a piece in the part editor and selecting to create part using closed contour.

In the shape manager when I try to select the shape after clicking on the icon to create tool I get an error message "Encountered an improper argument". I'm not sure what my next step is....?
Attachments
A31.zip
(9.68 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
A31 Profile Tool.jpg

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Improper Argument

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Jun 27 2017, 12:41PM

Rachelle DeShields wrote:I am trying to create a profile tool to more accurately represent the panel molding we use. We do not mill our own trim and I am a self taught eCabinet user so my problem may be simpler than it looks to me. I have made sure that my profile is a closed contour by trimming all intersecting lines and arches. I tested this by applying the pattern to a piece in the part editor and selecting to create part using closed contour.

In the shape manager when I try to select the shape after clicking on the icon to create tool I get an error message "Encountered an improper argument". I'm not sure what my next step is....?
I'd recommend restarting eCabinets and/or computer. I loaded eCabinets, opened Shape Manager, chose your profile, chose the Create Tool icon, selected the top flat entity, and had no issue with it. Attached is the .tol file I created if you would like it.

-Clint-
Attachments
Tool.tol
(14.6 KiB) Downloaded 794 times

Rachelle DeShields

Postby Rachelle DeShields » Tue, Jun 27 2017, 12:55PM

Restarted everything and it worked just fine... Don't I feel sheepish :oops:

Thanks for your help!

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Forrest Chapman » Tue, Aug 01 2017, 12:10PM

Rachelle, it looks like there are undercuts on the big radius's too. Sometimes the software doesn't like undercuts.

Forrest

Return to “Customer Tools”