Need help with viewing/using a .tol file

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Aaron Schanie

Need help with viewing/using a .tol file

Post by Aaron Schanie »

I downloaded a .tol file and have it in my profile tool folder in cabinets, but I can't seem to figure out where I can view what the tool looks like. The file extensions as I try to open under different things is .esj or .x_t, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Aaron,

The .tol file that you downloaded can only be viewed/used in the Part Editor. The .x_t (the one it seems you do not have) can be opened in either the Shape Manager, which is where the shapes/tools are created, or the Contour editor in Part Editor.

If you want to just see what the .tol file looks like, do this:

Open a cabinet and highlight a part by single clicking on it. It will be 'covered' with a green hatched outline. Click on the Part Editor icon, then click on the Path tool, highlight an edge of the piece, and click 'Next' at the bottom of the screen. When the popup pops up, browse to the location of the .tol file you'd like to view and double click the filename. It should appear in the window in the lower left corner of the popup.

You can apply the tool by clicking 'OK' to see what the profile will look like when actually machined.

Regards,

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Aaron Schanie

.tol file

Post by Aaron Schanie »

Thanks Mike for the info. It worked.

Greatly appreciated.

Aaron