Help with moose nose

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Steven Goatley

Help with moose nose

Post by Steven Goatley »

Hey guys...I have tried all night to apply the moose nose to two adjoining edges of a countertop with no luck at all. I can get it to profile a chain all the way around but even then not the full depth of the tool. I have also tried it with different thicknesses of tops but for some reason at 3 1/8" I cant even selet the edges of the top for fillets or anything else. I am sure I am missing some simple thing I haven't thought of but any help would be much appreciated.
Mill Creek Custom Cabinets & Millwork
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Help with moose nose

Post by Damon Nabors »

Help me out here, I know about the DOG LEG in the road, but haven't heard about the mouse nose in the counter.
Damon Nabors
Steven Goatley

Post by Steven Goatley »

I am refering to the bar rail .tol file posted in customer tools. I can see from the other guys' pics that an "l" shap can be profiled on only two edges but I can't seem to make it happen.
Mill Creek Custom Cabinets & Millwork
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Steve,

get yourself a display cube, board or what ever you want to use. Size it 3.75" wide, ??= long, and 3 1/8 depth. Take this part into the part editor and then click the profile edge tab and click single, then click on the left side towards the bottom of the part. Now open up your mouse tol and use these settings: Plunge depth neg. -3.125; use a left offset of .25" and click apply. You should have your part now.
Attachments
mouse.jpg
mouse.jpg (10.66 KiB) Viewed 16289 times
Damon Nabors