G Coding

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

G Coding

Post by Neville Bastian »

When I bought my Thermwood last year I was given a few Gcode programs like cutting circles for vanity basins, flycutting the sheets and what we call here mason mitres for postformed counter tops. My Aussie Thermwood sales man did promise me a few more programs but he went out of business halfway through the install process. Thus I missed out on these programs.
Is there a set of programs that Thermwood give out as standard? Can they be downloaded?

Could we not have a section in the forum which is a bit like when you share Ecabinets design where we could share Gcode programs that we have written. I probably won't be adding many in because I am not that good at writing the programs but others are really talented. Some may like to share their pride and joys?

Could the powers to be, think about setting this up? Maybe they could vet the programs first then upload them for us. If the creators name is on the program we could then shoot of a thank you note. I would be quite willing to pay for the program or maybe the creator has a favourite charity he likes to support that we voluntary send funds to.

Just a thought that may allow us to make more efficient use of the thermwood.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: G Coding

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Neville,
Doug wrote all those programs himself, there were quite a few other ones that he had been working on for quite some time. I have copies of most of them but don't have access to them anymore as I lost the CD...
However, the Gcode sharing section sounds like a fantastic idea!
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hey everyone,

In regards to posting programs, you can do this under the Design Sharing area of the forum. This will allow you to share any files you wish.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Ryan,
That's good we can post programs but isn't that in the Ecabinets area. Can't we be a bit special and have it in our Thermwood machining area? Also it will mean the Gcode programs won't get swallowed up by Ecabinet info.
Maybe you could make the first post by yourself on how to extract the Gcode file and send it in and then how to load the file. Basic info but many are not computer genius who own Thermwood as you well know.

Hope others feel its worth while.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

If anyone is interested, they can post free CNC programs here on the 3-Axis machinery site as well. For those returning at a later date to see if there are any available downloads, the Search feature can be used to pull up all related topics regarding free programming.

This is an area where you are not likely to find a large amt. of FREE programming, for this is typically a service performed for a minimum fee by most.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.